With MyView, you are able to view and organize information that is important to you in a single workspace, called Dashboard. On your Dashboard you add, set up, organize, and manage gadgets, which are designed to display specific information that you want to see.
When you access MyView for the first time, you are prompted to choose which schools and/or sites matter to you. MyView then uses this information to filter the sites, areas, and apps that are available to you as you add content to your gadgets and calendars to your Planner. You can even select an image (avatar) that will display on your Dashboard.
To access MyView & customize your Dashboard, you must first be signed-in to your website account.
Steps to Sign In:
- Click either the Sign In hot key (looks like a lock) located toward the top-right of the webpage or the Sign In button located on the far right of the bottom navigation bar.
- Click My Account, located on the bottom navigation bar.
- Click MyView from within the drop-down menu.
Steps for Elementary (PK-6) Students & Parents to Customize Dashboard:
- Start in MyView/Dashboard.
- Click "Add" (located on the right side of the screen).
- Within the pop-up window, scroll to the bottom, and add "Section Membership Gadget." Click "continue."
- Name your gadget - i.e. your teacher's name or your student's name.
- If you belong to multiple sections (ie. you are a parent with multiple elementary students), you will see a drop-down menu with the section members' names (ie. your kids' names).
- If you belong to only one section, click "yes" to set up your gadget now.
Steps for Secondary (7-12) Students & Parents to Customize Dashboard:
- Go to your teacher's webpage.
- Find information on the webpage that is important to you and that you want to quickly find on your Dashboard.
- Click the "Follow" button located toward the bottom of that information.
- A dialogue box will open with directions to add this information to your Dashboard. Follow those directions. The information will be added directly to your Dashboard.
- There may be more than one "chunk" of information on this teacher's webpage that you want to follow. You may follow as many "chunks" as you need. Add each chunk separately.
- Go to your next teacher's page, and repeat directions above.
- You may add similar information from multiple teachers' webpages to the same "gadget" on your Dashboard. When you follow a similar "chunk" on another teacher's webpage, you will be allowed to either create a new gadget or add to an existing gadget. Your teachers' information will be labeled within the gadget on your Dashboard with his/her name.
Click here for detailed MyView Instructions