These are the various ways to receive website content updates.
E-Alerts are messages sent to you (as a registered user) by staff at LPSD. You may elect to receive E-Alerts either as an email message or as atext message (SMS) sent to your mobile phone.
- Email is the default setting for all registered users.
- To set up or modify your text message alerts, visit your MyAccount/Edit Account Settings/E-Alert Settings.
There are two types of E-Alerts you can receive:
- These are typically sent to registered user groups and contain information such as newsletters, emergency closings, cancelations, and meeting notices.
- When subscribing to a Content E-Alert, you will receive an entire section, meaning all the pages belonging to a teacher or area.
- When the content on one of the pages you have subscribed to is updated, you will receive an email notification alerting you to check the page. The email contains a link that will direct you to the subscribed section.
- For example, you might subscribe to your School District’s homepage or to the section of your child’s teacher.
- If anything is changed, added, or deleted on that page, you are notified that a change has occurred.
Managing Your E-Alerts:To select or modify the areas of the website to which you want to subscribe...
- Go to your MyAccount/Edit Account Settings/Subscriptions (in the bottom navigation menu).
- Click the Manage Subscriptions button, toward the bottom of the page.
- Click the Sites or Other Areas to subscribe to individual website sections.
- If you click Other Areas, you can further narrow your search by school and by area (a specific sport, teacher, activity, etc.) using the drop-down menus.
- You may select multiple areas to receive notifications at this time.
- Click the "I'm Done." button.
Certain content/areas on webpages (i.e. Resources on a teacher's webpage, a calendar on a teacher's webpage, Announcements on various pages, etc.) throughout the School District have Follow Buttons.
Clicking the Follow Button allows registered users to be notified when the content of this specific area is changed.
- This notification will show up on your Dashboard, not as an email or text message.
- However, the teacher or editor may elect to send email/text message notifications to all "followers" when content is updated.
- Elementary Students (PK-6) - These students will automatically be added as section members to their classroom teacher pages.
- Secondary Students (7-12) - These students will not be automatically added as section members to their classroom teacher pages.
- Secondary teachers teach multiple levels. If students were added to these sections, they will receive notifications for all classes that the teacher teaches.
- We recommend that secondary students find the information that is important to them and FOLLOW it (see directions above).