Lewis-Palmer High School began as “The Lewis School” in 1920 and was housed in what is now the District 38 Administration Building at 146 Jefferson Street in downtown Monument. In 1957, a new high school was constructed at 66 Jefferson. The current LPHS building was built in 1980 and has been added on to twice, in 1985 and 1997. The patrons of District 38 voted to construct a second high school, Palmer Ridge High School, which opened in August 2008.
Lewis-Palmer High School has a long history of high achievement in academics, sports, fine arts, and other extra-curricular activities. Scores for state and national testing rank in the top tier in the state. Teachers and staff are among the best in the state, pursuing professional excellence and spurring on their students to excel as well.