What is CTE?
Colorado Career and Technical Education (CTE) provides quality educational programs emphasizing core academic content, postsecondary & workforce readiness (PWR) competencies, technical skills, and seamless transition to further education or employment.
Approved programs are eligible to apply for state and federal funding streams to assure relevant experience with industry standard equipment and supplies.
CTE programs are reviewed and audited regularly to assure that all students have access to quality programs that are:
- Aligned with post-secondary goals and aspirations
- Taught by qualified instructors
- Informed by a cross section of individuals within a particular occupational area through program advisory committees
- Enhanced through opportunities for:
- Leadership in Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSO’s)
- Postsecondary workforce readiness skill development
- Work-based Learning opportunities
CTE is governed by the Colorado Community College System.
Created by Haley Carlson, Student Intern