Why Choose Lewis-Palmer School District 38?
Lewis-Palmer School District 38 is a premiere preK-12 school district with the philosophy that each individual student should have an educational experience customized to meet specific needs.
- Among the top school districts in Colorado
- Accredited with Distinction by the State of Colorado
- Students that place in the overall top 10% for ACT college entrance exams
- ACT and SAT college entrance exam scores are consistently above state and national averages
- Students outscore the average on Advanced Placement tests by 20%
- The only district in Southern Colorado named to the College Board Advanced Placement Honor roll more than once (4 out of 5 years), something accomplished by only 17 other districts in the nation
- Offers acclaimed music, art, sports, and activity programs
- 100% of our licensed teachers rated as highly-qualified in their subject areas; more than 60% have earned a master's degree or doctorate
- Since 2010, students have averaged more than 10 million dollars in scholarship and award offers, for about 460 graduating seniors each year
- High schools have the highest on-time graduation rate in the state of Colorado
- More than 85% of our graduates each year plan to continue on to post-secondary education
- On average, about 5% of our students join the military, including more than four D-38 students appointed each year to U.S. military academies
Does LPSD offer after school and summertime enrichment activities?
Elementary schools offer after school and evening enrichment activities for all ages, year round. These include opportunities in performing arts, life skills, academics, visual arts, special interests, online courses and more. Online courses are offered for teens through adults, for enrichment, certifications, or college prep. For more information on activities, please see our Youth Activities and Services Directory.
Does LPSD allow school visits?
LPSD welcomes visitors and is happy to field further questions. During the summer months, there is limited staff at the school buildings, but our Administration office is open year-round. During the school year, please contact the individual school principals to schedule a visit; in the summer, call 719-785-4223.
Mission Statement: Lewis-Palmer School District is a partnership of parents, the community, and educators that aspires to prepare our students to be successful learners, productive citizens, and caring contributors to society. The District seeks to develop each student’s talents in a safe, nurturing environment and to inspire a life-long love of learning.