Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Please join us for our meetings which are held the 2nd Friday of every month 9:30-10:30 a.m. You are already a member. No dues; no obligations. Join us to share your ideas and learn what's going on around the school.
- September 2020 Meeting Minutes
- October 2020 Meeting Minutes
- November 2020 Meeting Minutes
- December 2020 Meeting Minutes
- January 2021 Meeting Minutes
- February 2021 Meeting Minutes
- March 2021 Meeting Minutes
What Your Donations Do For Our School
Because of your generosity in recent years, the PTO has been able to help fund the following items and/or services for our staff and students:
- Benches for the front courtyard
- Social events/dances for students
- Teacher/staff stipends to help set up for the new school year
- New furniture for the library
- Laptop computers for the math lab
- 3-D printer for computer lab
- Cameras for media classes and yearbook
- New printer for shared use among four classrooms
- Starboard Link for classrooms
- Teacher appreciation meals, gifts and events
- 8th grade continuation and dance
We will have fundraising opportunities throughout the year. Our biggest is Raise Craze, which we are planning for September. It's easy and fun -- students perform acts of kindness and ask for friends and family to support our school in return. Other fundraisers include Give Back Nights in which we partner with a local restaurant once a month -- families eat out, LPMS gets a share of the proceeds; Lynch Creek Farms wreaths and greenery sales around the holidays and Butter Braids sales in the spring.
**If you want to support LPMS PTO, but prefer to simply write a check, feel free to leave it at the front office at any time. We also take donations through our business Venmo account: @LPMSPTO1776 or through our Cheddar Up site: https://my.cheddarup.com/c/welcome-to-lpms-pto?cart=ddc31e53-409a-4899-9e1e-ca0168370886%21%2136906302
Two other ways to help financially that don't cost you a single penny:
- Amazon Smile: Go to https://smile.amazon.com/, then and go to "My Charity" section. Search for Lewis-Palmer Middle School Parent Teacher Organization (Monument, CO) and hit select. A percentage of every purchase you make will then go to LPMS PTO.
- Kings Soopers Community Rewards: Log into your King Sooper's account, search for community rewards, and find Lewis Palmer Middle School PTO (Monument, CO) (NPO # IU465). When you use your card, LPMS PTO gets a decent slice of each purchase, including gas!
Would you like to get involved at LPMS? Below are some opportunities. Check back, as we will update periodically. Click the links to sign up:
Concessions for After-School Events: This is an easy, fun way to meet other parents, be a hero to hungry kids and be a part of the LPMS family. Sign up for to sell concessions for one event or ten -- your choice! Bring your middle schooler along to help, if you'd like. (It's a great way to spend time together.)
School Store: Adjacent to the cafeteria is a magical little place called the School Store. It's open four days a week during lunch hour for students to buy pencils, erasers, spirit wear and various trinkets. You just show up, open the window and sell the goodies. Everything is marked and it's fun to visit with the students.
Other Ways to Get Involved
We welcome involvement!
The PTO is for everyone. It's a fun, relaxed group dedicated to making LPMS the best middle school around. We try to have committees for everything, so no one's burden is overwhelming. If you'd like to help with any of the following, shoot us an email or show up at the next meeting:
- Fundraising -- We are looking for a fundraising coordinator to oversee the various smaller events throughout the year. We have chairs for most of the smaller events, but could use someone for our holiday greenery sales (essentially, activating a website with the company -- easy), Butter Braids sales in the spring and Boo Gram/Candy Gram sales and deliveries at LPMS.
- Events -- We are looking for someone to oversee the various events we hold for students throughout the year. These would include school dances, game nights, movie nights and the like. If you're interested in the coordinator position or chairing a committee for one of the individual events, let us know!
- Hospitality -- We are always looking for people to help our hospitality coordinators put together staff appreciation events.
If you have an idea for a fun event at the school and would volunteer to head it up, please let us know -- we're always open to new ideas!
2022-2023 PTO Board
President: Tamara Miles
Vice President: Ginger Gillings
Secretary: Ashley Hamershock
Treasurer: Dasha Estes