Lewis-Palmer Middle School Counselors Believe …
Students in the middle level are in a significant period of transition.
- Young adolescents change more in every aspect of life than in any developmental period except infancy.
- Young adolescents benefit most from a team effort involving teachers, parents, students and administrators.
- Young adolescents need a healthy self-concept and motivation to learn in order to be successful during this critical transition period.
- Schedule Changes
- Course Selection and Class Placement
- Organization and Study Skills
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Concerns about friends
- Home and Family
- Share Accomplishments
- Connect to Resources
- Questions about High School