Our class will be visiting the School Scholastic Book Fair on Monday, March 9th at 2:00-2:40 to create wish lists.
Our class will revisit the Book Fair to make purchases on Thursday, March 12 from 2:00-2:30.
Here is a website for your child to work on for extra reading, language, phonics, and other areas of interest:
Thank you to all parents for contributing to our Lego Basket! The baskets will be on display beginning Wednesday, March 4th, at which time you may purchase tickets for your favorite basket.
The basket drawings will occur during our Science Fair, STEAM, and Pizza Night on Friday, March 13th from 4:00-6:00.
If you haven't been writing in your Gratitude Journals, now would be a great time to start! Please journal with your child. I cannot express enough the "A-ha!" moments you will experience when writing with your child, not to forget the keep sake the journal makes in the years to come.
Math: Please work on Splash Math for 5 - 10 minutes nightly. I have assigned lessons, and you will have a "splash" of a time challenging yourself through the skills.
Home Link Unit 4 Due: Friday, December 6th
Home Link Unit 5 Due: Tuesday, January 14th
Home Link Unit 6 Due: Thursday, February 13th
Home Link Unit 7 Due: Tuesday, March 10th
The Second Grade March Calendar will come home in your child's backpack on Thursday, February 27th. Please refer to the calendar for your child's scheduled date. This month's presentation is...
"Storytelling." I have attached a rubric for the story.
Dear Parents and Students,
I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.
As we begin our year together, I will make certain to provide the following:
1. I will pay attention to who are.
2. I will provide you with a physically and psychologically safe learning environment.
3. I will listen to your words verbally, non-verbally and read your written work to do a better job of meeting your needs.
3. I will set you up to succeed.
4. We will learn from our mistakes.
5. I will provide you with challenging and engaging instruction.
6. I will learn alongside you.
My Hopes and Dreams for my Students:
1. Become self-directed thinkers.
2. Observe the world and ask, "Why?"
3. Acquire tools needed to pursue answers.
4. Be courageous and kind.
My Hopes and Dreams for Parents of My Second Graders:
1. Play with your child.
2. Share the gifts of reading and writing with your child.
3. Together, we will grow your child.