Our Fall Party will be Thursday, October 31. We will have a costume parade at 2:30-2:45 followed by the classroom party at 2:45-3:45. Students are asked to bring a costume that is not scary and that does not have dangerous props. Students will have time to change into costumes just before the festivities.
Gratitude Journals were given at Parent Night. Please journal with your child. I cannot express enough the "A-ha!" moments you will experience when writing with your child, not to forget the keep sake the journal makes in the years to come.
Math: Please work on Splash Math for 5 - 10 minutes nightly. I have assigned lessons, and you will have a "splash" of a time challenging yourself through the skills.
Home Link Unit 3 Due: Wednesday, November 6th
Home Link Unit 4 Due: Friday, December 6th
Home Link Unit 5 Due: Thursday, December 19th
The Second Grade November Calendar came home in your child's Thursday Folder. Please refer to the calendar for your child's presentation date. This month's presentation is... A Thanksgiving Interview. The interview form can be found stapled to the calendar.
The presentations of the Pumpkins from the Kitchen Patch were creative and a joy to listen to. No two pumpkins were alike! Thank you for your support.
Dear Parents and Students,
I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.
As we begin our year together, I will make certain to provide the following:
1. I will pay attention to who are.
2. I will provide you with a physically and psychologically safe learning environment.
3. I will listen to your words verbally, non-verbally and read your written work to do a better job of meeting your needs.
3. I will set you up to succeed.
4. We will learn from our mistakes.
5. I will provide you with challenging and engaging instruction.
6. I will learn alongside you.
My Hopes and Dreams for my Students:
1. Become self-directed thinkers.
2. Observe the world and ask, "Why?"
3. Acquire tools needed to pursue answers.
4. Be courageous and kind.
My Hopes and Dreams for Parents of My Second Graders:
1. Play with your child.
2. Share the gifts of reading and writing with your child.
3. Together, we will grow your child.