Mrs. Crystal Fish
Hello!! I will be teaching 6th Grade Science and Social Studies this year! I am very excited to be here and I love what I do! I am a very passionate person and am here to help my students in any way that I can. I look forward to an AWESOME year!!!
A little background about myself...I received my Bachelor's degree in Geography and Environmental Studies from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs and continued my education to pursue my Masters Degree in Secondary Education: Science. While completing my Master's degree I was a substitute teacher in District 38 for three years and completed my student teaching at Lewis-Palmer High School teaching 9th grade Earth Science. After student teaching I transitioned mid-way through the year teaching 6th grade Earth Science. I then went on to teach 8th grade Physical Science. I missed the 6th grade SO much and now I am back and have been at LPES for the last 6 years teaching 6th Grade! I am ecstatic to be teaching you this year!
I am very eager and honored to be working at Lewis-Palmer Elementary School. I believe that what happens in my classroom will affect your child's future. Your child's time here will be well spent and every minute will count! I am a very positive, passionate, enthusiastic, organized, and determined teacher and am looking forward to teaching you!
We have a fantastic group of children in this class. I am looking forward to a terrific year ahead. With your help, we can make it happen!!! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask me! You can contact me through:
Email is the best way to contact me, but you may also contact me by Phone (Please let me know in advance if you would like to schedule a time to meet)
I ensure that students know they can seek my help and guidance while they are at school. Students can be supported at home in the following ways:
- A weekly agenda/newsletter will email home via the email you gave us on your contact sheet every Monday and it will also be posted on the board for the students. Every Monday we will write the weekly agenda in their planners. (Please be aware that these schedules are tentative and will constantly change due to snow days and other many unforeseen events)
- Students are responsible for organizing their science 3-ring binder, and student planner on a daily basis. I will be grading these notebooks at the end of each trimester for organization.
- Check your student's planner and binder daily for assignments.
- Review homework for quality, content, and completeness.
- Assist your child in planning projects and obtaining necessary materials.
- Follow through with your child when they are absent to ensure they have obtained the missed assignments and know when the work must be submitted.
These guidelines and many other classroom expectations will be sent home and kept in the students notebook at all times, as well as on this site, and can be used as a reference.
Thank you for your support and I am looking forward to a successful and exciting school year with your children!
Mrs. Crystal Fish
"Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are WRONG; it is CHARACTER!!!"