Need tutoring? PRHS offers many tutoring options to choose from according to your area of need, schedule, and budget:
- Teacher assistance - every PRHS teacher posts office hours (before/after school, plan periods) on their profile page, noting the times they are available to help students. Some teachers need advance notice so please speak with your teacher about how to meet with them one-on-one if you aren't sure.
- National Honors Society peer tutoring - send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with a junior or senior who can help you. Be sure to include your name, subject area of interest, and available times to meet. It's free!
- Homework Group - free assistance from PRHS teachers, held in the PRHS library on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:00 to 4:00 pm. Also a great place to get homework done before going home for the day!
- AfterMath - free math tutoring at the Monument Library, on Mondays from 3:30 to 7:00 pm. Drop-ins are welcome!
- Tutor Referral List - community members available to tutor students on a 1-on-1 basis. Cost varies.
Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
What do I do for my student when tutoring isn't enough? What if I have concerns about my student's ability to learn or succeed in the classroom? The PRHS MTSS team screens students every three weeks to determine patterns of academic and/or behavioral concerns. Counselors, teachers, and administrators all work together to preventatively implement and maintain a system of interventions that addresses most student concerns. Read more below to understand what may already be occurring in the building to offer support and accountability to your student. And feel free to reach out to your School Counselor to share your specific concerns. Thanks for partnering together!