Preschool and Early Childhood Programs
Growing and Learning by Playing Together
Laying the foundation for well-rounded, lifelong learners.
Welcome to the Lewis-Palmer School District 38 Preschool and Early Childhood Programs where fun, exploration, and discovery are key components to nurturing the growth and development of your child. We realize that preschool is a unique and individual opportunity for each child to develop their social, emotional, language, cognitive, motor skills in a nurturing and caring environment. We believe parents are active partners in their child's education making close communication with families an integral part of our preschool program.
A genuine love of early childhood education radiates in each of our staff members, providing your child with a supportive, nurturing foundation for an exceptional educational career.
Through our program, children:
- Learn through play-based programming
- Develop social and emotional skills as they play and interact with each other
- Engage in activities that support language, motor, cognitive, and social-emotional development
- Develop a love for learning
- Sing, move, create, etc.
- Recognize each child as a unique person
- Partner with families to give the best possible experience
- Integrate learning to meet the needs of all students
Through hands-on activities, our children develop language, fine and gross motor skills, reading and math concepts, and social skills. Preschool teachers coordinate each day's activities to ensure all areas of development are covered.
From our parents...
“There is a very positive, nurturing feel to the program that was perfect for my child.”
“My child has loved attending preschool, and he has learned so much.”
“[My child] has loved school so much this year which warms my heart. He was able to make new friends and always seemed excited to go."