Special Education (Exceptional Student Services)
Occupational and Physical Therapy
Occupational therapy and physical therapy should be identified as a resource only when the therapist’s unique expertise is needed to support a student who is eligible to receive special education services to meet their individualized goals. Identified needs and goals for a student should be identified prior to the IEP team’s determination of what therapy is needed. School-based occupational therapy and physical therapy help define student’s strengths, needs, and their impact on school performance. The occupational and physical therapists work in collaboration with the student, general education team and special education team, which includes the student’s legal guardian. Services may be provided directly to the student or in consultation on behalf of the student as determined by the IEP team.
School Occupational and Physical Therapists
RKES / LPMS / BCES
Liz Brazeau - Occupational Therapist
(719) 757 1483 or LBrazeau@lewispalmer.org
BCES / PLES
Laura Johnson - Occupational Therapist
(719) 331-2019 or LJohnson@lewispalmer.org
I have been working with our school district since fall of 2001. I am a part of the OT/PT State Advisory Committee and a part of the district Child Find and Augmentative Communication teams. I have been working in Occupational Therapy since 1984. My adult son and daughter are graduates of Lewis-Palmer High School.
Anne Tellez - Occupational Therapist
(719) 321-5313 or ATellez@lewispalmer.org
I moved to Monument in 2001 and have worked in the Lewis-Palmer School District since 2005. I graduated with my master’s degree from Colorado State University in Occupational Therapy in 1997. My 3 children have all gone to school in this district since kindergarten, the oldest of which is now in college.
All Schools except RKES
Darcy Warner - Physical Therapist
(719) 488-4700 or DWarner1@lewispalmer.orgI have been a school-based physical therapist since 2002; I have been with District #38 since the Fall of 2015. I provide PT services to students in all grades throughout the district, participate in Child Find, and am part of the Augmentative Communication team. My children currently attend schools in District #38.
Amanda Huckstep - Physical Therapist
(719) 488-4740 or AHuckstep@lewispalmer.org