- Research the different types of schools and decide which characteristics are most important to you.
- Review general college admissions requirements
- Consider what you'd like to do once you've finished college. What is your dream job? Think about career possibilities, explore different occupations, and give some serious consideration to planning your career.
- Review your high school coursework and activities. Colleges will look for challenging coursework, a good grade point average, and extracurricular activities such as sports, volunteer work, and community involvement.
- Meet with your high school counselor
- Become involved with activities
- Register your Naviance account