K-Kids (Student Council)
The objectives of K-Kids are:
- to provide opportunities for working together in service to school and community
- to develop leadership potential
- to foster development of a strong moral character
- to encourage loyalty to school, community and nation
Meetings with our 4-6 grade representatives will occur on the first and third Wednesday of each month, from 8:00-8:45am in Mrs. Locke's room in the Raccoon House. Please be on time. Each meeting we will break in to three committees: Committee members rotate periodically during the year as to provide everyone with a well-rounded experience while in K-Kids/Student Council.
- Hawk Committee - The Hawk Committee is responsible for showing appreciation to the staff at PWES. They work to ensure that each staff member knows that they are appreciated by their students.
- Compassion Committee - The Compassion Committee is responsible for planning both school wide and Student Council specific philanthropic opportunities and community events throughout the year. They will also make these opportunities available to the student population and the K-Kids. This also includes heading up PWES's outreach efforts to the greater Monument, El Paso County, and Colorado communities.
- Spirit Committee - The Spirit Committee is in charge of activities that increase school spirit as well as producing posters and publicity for K-Kids/Student Council programs and events. They work to plan spirit activities such as dress up days and friendly grade-level/house competitions.