Cash or Check Instructions
To adopt using Cash or Check:
- Print out an adoption form; fill in your donation details.
- Give the completed form with payment to the teacher you are adopting or the school secretary.
All adoptions are 100% tax deductible and a tax receipt will be sent after adoption is completed, usually within 10 days.
Credit Card Instructions
To adopt online with a credit card, go to the school's Adopt D38 website and follow the instructions below or contact Marcy Studtmann, District Accountant at (719) 785-4216.
- Click here "make a donation online." This will redirect you to the D38 payment site.
- Select "Adopt D38" under Programs in the upper left corner.
- Select a school from the Class Name list.
- Click on "Register." If you have used the district's payment site before, enter your email address and password. If this is your first time on this site, please click on "click here to Sign up" located under the blue login box and create an account.
- Select the family member from the box and click "Continue Registration."
- In the box labeled "Select Fee for the Participants," click on the amount you wish to donate, then select "Continue Registration."
- You must write the teacher, department, program or school you are adopting in the "Notes / Comments" box so that your donation can be routed correctly.
- If you wish to complete another adoption at the same school, select "+ Add another Participant to this Session." If you wish to make an adoption at a different school, click "Add Another Class" then select "Continue."
- When you are finished, select "Continue Registration" to enter credit card information, then select "Make Payment."