Career and Technical Student Organization
A career and technical student organization (CTSO) is an extracurricular group for students in CTE pathways to further their knowledge and skills by participating in activities, events, and competitions. Students within the Digital Media and Communications program have the opportunity to participate in CSMA (Colorado Student Media Association).
The Colorado Student Media Association seeks to:
- Encourage interest in journalism through participation in student media.
- Promote high standards for student media.
- Encourage the recognition of journalism as an important course of study – particularly as it reflects the ability of students to use the mass media in their role as media consumers and citizens.
- Encourage student media to accept responsibility as a vital means of communication in the school community.
- Foster student interest in print, broadcast, and online journalism.
- Encourage students to communicate accurately, concisely, ethically, aesthetically, and responsibly.
- Encourage knowledge of and appreciation for the rights and responsibilities stated in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and in Colorado state law.
- Encourage students to exercise their legal rights and uphold their ethical responsibilities as student journalists.
- Provide support for and encourage the professional growth of advisers.
To view the CSMA program of work for the Digital Media and Communications program, please visit the link below.
Created by Haley Carlson, Student Intern