LPSD Social Media Guidelines
D38 utilizes social media platforms to celebrate our students, staff, and community, and to provide information about district and community events. We welcome you to join us on our social platforms and share your opinions in respectful ways. We want to celebrate with and hear from the community we serve.D38 will moderate the sharing of information and online discussions on district platforms as we want to set an example of respectful interactions to our students.
Lewis-Palmer School District 38 Social Media Guidelines:
- All posts, comments, and information must exhibit civil dialogue that is respectful of others. Please be mindful of our audience, as many of our students view the LPSD social media platforms.
- D38 will delete any comments or posts that are disrespectful to community members, students, and LPSD staff members (this includes but is not limited to bullying, belittling, name-calling, personal attacks, insults, threats, etc.).
- D38 will delete comments that are not directly related to the particular post.
- The following content or language is prohibited on D38 social media sites:
5. You are welcome to direct posts to D38 or send a direct message. Based on the content of the message and the timing, D38 may or may not be able to respond. For immediate concerns, please contact your school, the district office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments, photos, or graphics that:
- are considered profane, vulgar, defamatory, sexually explicit, or obscene
- personally attack an individual in any way
- that involve confidential matters regarding D38 employees or students
- promote discrimination in any way (regarding race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and national origin)
- are threatening to students, staff, individuals, or overall safety
- violate copyright laws
- are extremely long or repetitive
- are not related to the specific post
Please abide by the above guidelines when using any district social media. D38 will remove comments, posts or materials posted that do not comply with the aforementioned guidelines. Users may also be denied access to D38 social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) if these guidelines are violated.