Gifted and Talented Education
What is Gifted Education?
Lewis-Palmer School District #38 aims to prepare students to be successful learners, productive citizens, and caring contributors to society. we are an educational community dedicated and committed to: doing what's best for kids, treating individuals with dignity and respect, encouraging purposeful creativity and innovation, and preserving and promoting excellence.
To recognize and nurture the development of exceptional abilities so that all gifted students demonstrate positive character development, high level thinking, and creative productivity.
All gifted youth in Lewis-Palmer School District are identified by their academic strength areas and needs. Educational programming is designed and implemented to match their identified needs. Student progress and achievement is monitored through on-going assessment. All teachers participate in professional development to increase knowledge, skills, and understanding of gifted students and their instructional needs.
- Shared responsibility of educators, parents, and community for the academic and affective growth of gifted and talented learners
- A climate of excellence and rigorous curricula for every child
- Consistent practice of differentiation in curricula, instruction, and assessment which supports a continuum of services for every gifted learner
- Highly qualified professional educators who work with gifted learners
- Identification of exceptional potential using a body of evidence in all populations regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, exceptionality, or income level