Student Enrollment

  • New students to Lewis-Palmer School District entering grades 1 through 12 and all incoming kindergarten students are enrolled through an online application (see below). Once the online enrollment is processed, middle and high school students will then be able to meet with counselors to select classes and elementary students will be assigned to classrooms.

    Preschool enrollment is paper-based (see below).

    Kiosks are available at Central Registry in the District Administration Building for those who do not have internet access. Because of the limited space, it is recommended that children do not accompany parents to Central Registry.

    Enrollment for new K-12 students for the 2020-2021 school year will open February 10, 2020.

    Where: Grades K-12 is online (see below). Preschool enrollment is accomplished at the District Administration Building at 146 N. Jefferson Street, Monument, CO 80132

    Phone: (719) 488-4700

    Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed on Fridays during June and July)

    Please note: completing each enrollment takes approximately 20 minutes per child. Please arrive at the office allowing enough time to process your registration(s). The paper application for preschool enrollment can be downloaded from the link below or obtained at the Administration Building.

    Required Documents for all enrollments:

    • Birth Certificate (how to obtain a Colorado Birth Certificate if you don't have one for your child). This is used to verify the child's legal name and birth date. A passport may be substituted for this. Please contact Central Registry if you need to discuss alternatives.
    • Immunization Record. Per Colorado statutes, immunization records are required to be in the school prior to the child starting classes. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure immunization records are submitted to the school. Previous school records do not always include immunization records and they are often received well after the child has started classes in his or her new school.
    • Proof of Residency (one of the following)
      • First page of purchase contract or lease agreement
      • Signed contract with a builder or building permit
      • Current year tax statement
      • Warranty Deed or Settlement Statement from closing
      • Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water)

        Note: If you are living with relatives, a friend, or another family, they should provide their proof of residency along with a signed note stating that the student and family members are living with them.

    • IEP, if applicable
    • Guardianship paperwork, if student does not reside with a parent

For More Information:

  • Taylor, Jim
    District Registrar
    (719) 488-4701