New student enrollment for the current 2020-2021 school year: New students entering grades K through 12 are enrolled through an online application (see below). This online process is also used for former students returning to Lewis-Palmer School District from home school status or schools located in other districts or states. Once the online enrollment is processed, middle and high school students will work with counselors to select classes and elementary students will be assigned to classrooms.
Preschool enrollment for the current 2020-2021 school year is paper-based (see below). Completed preschool paperwork and supporting documents can be emailed to the District Registrar or you can arrange to drop them off at the Administration Building by calling 719-488-4700.
New student enrollment for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year: The first day of school is August 18, 2021.
- Preschool enrollment begins January 25, 2021.
- For Kindergarten through 12th grade, enrollment will open on February 8, 2021.
Required Documents for all enrollments:
- Birth Certificate (how to obtain a Colorado Birth Certificate if you don't have one for your child). This is used to verify the child's legal name and birth date. A passport may be substituted for this. Please contact Central Registry if you need to discuss alternatives. If the student is a former student of Lewis-Palmer School District, this is not required.
- Immunization Record. Per Colorado statutes, immunization records are required to be in the school prior to the child starting classes. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure immunization records are submitted to the school. Previous school records do not always include immunization records and they are often received well after the child has started classes in his or her new school. You may enroll your child without submitting immunization records, but you will be required to provide them to the school prior to the start of classes.
- Proof of Residency (one of the following)
- First page of purchase contract or lease agreement
- Signed contract with a builder or building permit
- Current year tax statement
- Warranty Deed or Settlement Statement from closing
- Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water)
Note: If you are living with relatives, a friend, or another family, they should provide their proof of residency along with a signed note stating that the student and family members are living with them.
- IEP, if applicable.
- Guardianship paperwork, if student does not reside with a parent.