- Lewis-Palmer School District #38
- Lewis-Palmer School District #38
HSEA Open Houses
Come learn more about all that Home School Enrichment Academy has to offer!
July 22, 9:00 - 10:00 AM
July 26, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
August 3, 5:00 - 6:00 PM
August 10, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
August 19, 9:00 - 10:00 AM
August 24, 9:00 - 10:00 AM
Sign up here!
- Students 10 years of age and under will not be required to wear masks the majority of the day (the exception being coming in/out of the building for carline and when transitioning in hallways. (Students may choose to wear a mask if they/you would prefer).
- Students ages 11+ will be required to wear masks.
- Adults will be required to wear masks.
- Students do not need to wear masks during recess or PE.
We will encourage physical distancing in common areas and classrooms.
- One-way arrows in the hallways, tables marked in cafeteria and classrooms
- Elementary (K-5): staggered recess times
- Secondary (6-8): supervised transitions between classes
- No assemblies/performances/morning meeting or other all-school gatherings for the beginning of the year
- In lieu of the ice cream social, we are planning a welcome parade
- Morning Meetings- will be conducted daily in classrooms
Hand Washing, Sanitizing, and Cleaning/Disinfecting
Staff and students will practice procedures to help prevent the spread of viruses.
- Regular handwashing, hand sanitizer, avoiding touching of the face
- Wash/sanitize before eating and before/after recess
- Bathroom soap dispensers and hand sanitizer stations checked frequently
- Posters will be displayed in and around bathrooms and wash areas
- Drinking fountains will be used as water bottle dispensers. All students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles to school.
- Facilities will be cleaned with appropriate products throughout the day and each night (all surfaces will be sprayed with an approved disinfectant).
- Reduce the frequency of touching surfaces- minimize sharing of resources
Students and staff will be required to complete a daily symptom check, preferably at home before arriving at work or school. Screening should include checking for the following symptoms:
- New onset of cough or shortness of breath by themselves OR
- At least 2 of the following:
- Fever (100.4 Fahrenheit or higher), Chills, Muscle pain, Sore throat, Loss of sense of smell or taste, Gastrointestinal symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea
- All D38 students and staff are expected to stay home when sick.
- Students who are sick at school will be sent home.
- Students are expected to meet the legal requirements of immunization against disease unless the student has a valid exemption for health, religious, personal or other reasons as provided by law.
Limiting the number of students and staff who are regularly in contact with each other by keeping them in groups/cohorts.
- Elementary students will be kept in a cohort group to the greatest extent possible
(same group of students with the same teachers). Happy, Super, Excellent, Awesome,
6-8 (two teachers, same group of students)
- Hallway traffic will be monitored with staggered releases and directional arrows.
- Arrival- students will be greeted at their car (as usual), enter the building, and proceed upstairs to their classrooms.
- Dismissal- students will be dismissed by family.
- All students will eat in the cafeteria by cohort group.
- Tables will be marked to provide appropriate social-distancing.
- Lunch schedules will be staggered by cohort to allow a 20 minute lunch for each group (Happy, Super, Excellent, Awesome, 6-8).
- K-5 recess will be split by cohort (playground/field) for the two recess times.
- The schedule will allow for cleaning between groups.
- Happy and Super students will have PE/drama then switch for music/art or vice-versa. They will remain in their cohort, switching the one teacher mid-day.
- Excellent and Awesome students will have PE/drama then switch for music/art or vice-versa. They will remain in their cohort, switching the one teacher mid-day.
- 6-8 students will continue with our traditional middle school model. Additional time will be allotted for passing between classes.