Safety and Security
School Emergency Procedures
During an event, one or more of the following responses will be implemented in a school emergency:
- Hold - hallways are cleared, students and staff remain in classrooms.
- Lockout - for types of threats outside of the school building that require schools to have a secure perimeter.
- Lockdown - for types of threats that require students and staff to remain behind locked doors.
- Evacuate - if it is unsafe to remain inside the building, students and staff will be evacuated and if necessary, taken to another location. In most cases, a reunification site will be set up at another D38 school.
- Shelter - for a hazard that requires students and staff to move to a safe location inside the building.