Personnel Services

Colorado Licensure

  • To be considered for employment, you must hold a current Colorado Teaching License, Special Services Provider License, or Administrative License, or be in the process of applying for it. Information concerning Colorado licensing may be obtained by contacting one of the following:

    Educator Licensing Unit
    Colorado Department of Education
    201 E. Colfax Avenue

    Denver, CO 80203
    (303) 866-6628 

    The CDE Regional Licensing Center
    University of Colorado – Colorado Springs
    Columbine Hall – Third Floor
    School of Education
    PO Box 7150
    Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7150
    (719) 262-4099

Educator Effectiveness

  • The Board recognizes that the instructional process is extremely complex and that appraisal of the process is a difficult function. It also recognizes that sound appraisal of teaching performance is critical to achieving the educational goals of the school system. 

    An important indicator of the effectiveness and efficiency of schools lies in the quality of the district staff. To this end, the District has adopted the Colorado Model Evaluation System for evaluating school professionals. 

    Questions regarding specific Lewis-Palmer Procedures may be addressed to the Director of Personnel Services, Robert Foster at or (719) 488-4700.