Volunteering in LPSD
Lewis-Palmer School District recognizes the importance of volunteers as members of the school team.
All volunteers who may work with children unsupervised MUST be fingerprinted prior to working with children. All volunteers will fill out one of the following forms yearly:
- The Volunteer Services Agreement replaces all other forms and includes a section on confidentiality.
- The Volunteer Coaching Form should be used with all volunteer coaches. It is an important distinction to be made that coaches who are paid in any way, be it fundraising dollars or building monies, are not volunteer coaches. Paid coaches must complete all applicable payroll paperwork.
Please return your form to Personnel Services at the Lewis-Palmer School District Administration Office. All other forms and process will be reviewed with the volunteer at this time.
- General Volunteers (including room parents, office help, etc.) are required to fill out the Volunteer Services Agreement, have a background check run, and take an oath.
- Unsupervised or Overnight Volunteers are required to fill out the Volunteer Services Agreement, have a background check run, be fingerprinted, and take an oath.
- Volunteer Coaches are required to fill out the Volunteer Coaching Agreement, have a background check run, be fingerprinted, and take an oath.