Lego Robotics PEP for 2018-19
Welcome to 2019 Lego Robotics
Below is information regarding our program this year.
Imaginative thinking and teamwork build tomorrow’s innovators. With adult Coaches to guide them, FIRST® LEGO® League teams (up to 10 members) apply science, engineering, and math concepts, plus a big dose of imagination, to develop solutions to real-world challenges. They also design, build, and program LEGO MINDSTORMS®-based robots to perform autonomous “missions” on a playing field. Along the way, they develop critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills.
Grades 4-8; ages 9-14
For more information please follow this link First Lego League
Basic Team Information
Team meetings are held Mondays and Wednesdays after school from 2:45 - 4:00 in room 619 from September 5 through our tournament date on November 16th. If the school is closed there will be no meeting.
Please check your email for an invitation to register your student on the First Lego League web site. This must be done so that your student can compete at the regional qualifier.
Attention: Due to Parent Teacher conferences on Wednesday October 16th, we will not have a practice. If needed We will have practice the entire week of November 11th through the 15th to prepare for the tournament.
Parents and Guardians,
- You will receive an invitation to register your student into First Lego League. Please complete the application as soon as possible so that your student can be included on their team roster. They must be registered to compete and through a grant, all registration fees have been paid.
- Regarding practice times, our teams meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:45 till 4:00 (please be prompt at picking up your students). During inclement weather, they will wait inside the front doors of the school.
- We will meet on late start days, but if the district/school is closed for weather-related reasons we will not meet.
- We will not have a meeting on October 16th due to conferences
- We may find it necessary to meet every afternoon during the week prior to the regional qualifier (November 16th) to ensure our teams are ready for Saturdays Qualifier (November 16th 8:00 AM till 5:30 PM at Coronado High School ) Qualifier Information (please disregard entry fees as these have been paid)