Lego Robotics PEP for 2018-19
Welcome to 2018-19 Lego Robotics
Below is information regarding our program this year.
Imaginative thinking and teamwork build tomorrow’s innovators. With adult Coaches to guide them, FIRST® LEGO® League teams (up to 10 members) apply science, engineering, and math concepts, plus a big dose of imagination, to develop solutions to real-world challenges. They also design, build, and program LEGO MINDSTORMS®-based robots to perform autonomous “missions” on a playing field. Along the way, they develop critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills.
Grades 4-8; ages 9-14
For more information please follow this link First Lego League
Basic Team Information
Team meetings are held Mondays and Wednesdays after school from 2:45 - 4:00 in room 619 from September 5 through our tournament date on November 10th.
Attention: Due to Parent Teacher conferences on Wednesday October 17th and the Halloween Holiday on Wednesday October 31st, we will not have practice/meetings. Because of these missing times we will have practice the entire week of November 5th through the 9th to prepare for the tournament.
Parents and Guardians,
- You will receive an invitation to register your student into First Lego League. Please complete the application as soon as possible so that your student can be included on their team roster. They must be registered to compete and through a grant, all registration fees have been paid.
- Regarding practice times, our teams meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:45 till 4:00 (please be prompt at picking up your students). During inclement weather, they will wait inside the front doors of the school.
- We will meet on late start days, but if the district/school is closed for weather-related reasons we will not meet.
- We will not have a meeting on Wednesday, October 31st (Halloween)
- We may find it necessary to meet every afternoon during the week prior to the regional qualifier (November 10th) to ensure our teams are ready for Saturdays Qualifier (November 10th 8:00 AM till 5:30 PM at Coronado High School ) Qualifier Information (please disregard entry fees as these have been paid)