Hello Monument Academy Teachers,
Welcome to your school’s annual Adopt D38 program! Lewis-Palmer School District is ecstatic about the success of Adopt D38. The donation will be utilized to enhance your classroom and you will receive 100% of each donation.
Families, community members, and businesses may adopt a teacher, department, grade, or school to include Support Services and Specials. Each sponsor will be recognized in school publications, school building, and the school website. Each sponsor will receive a Certificate of Adoption from the school and a thank you letter from you.
An adopted teacher will receive $165. The teachers of an adopted grade/department will receive a combined total of $250. The adopted school will receive $365. Teachers will get the donation when receipts for qualifying items are presented.
As a Lewis-Palmer School District parent and community member, I’m excited to chair this program. Schools that have an Adopt-A-Class program have been delighted with the program's success! To ensure the continued success of this program, the following guidelines should be adhered to:
- Please use your donation within 45 days of receipt or by May 22, 2020 (whichever occurs first).
- Please send the sponsor a “Thank You” letter outlining how the donation was utilized. You will be given a Certificate of Adoption to include with your letter. Please complete your letter in a timely manner.
- Please use the district's sales tax exempt number along with a school check or school credit card for all purchases. Sales tax is not reimbursable!
- Please purchase only items that will enhance your students' academic curriculum such as books, visual aids, manipulatives, and learning games. Candy, toys, prizes, or class parties are not acceptable purchases. If you have any questions on qualifying items, please check with the principal prior to purchase.
- Please provide Ms. Davis with a list of items purchased. All items are the property of Monument Academy; consumable products used are an exception.
Thank you for your assistance with these guidelines. This will be a fantastic year with your district-wide Adopt D38 donation program. Let’s work together for a memorable school year!
Georgina Gittins, Adopt D38 Director
*Sales tax is not reimbursable!
**Lewis-Palmer Education Foundation (LPEF) is the official sponsor of the Adopt D38 program! This sponsorship pays for the operating costs of the program.