Find It Fast
LEWIS-PALMER HIGH SCHOOL
Elevate: Every Student, Every Day
To access the full communication tap here: May 22 Family Communication
May 31 and June 1 Ranger Roundup for incoming freshmen
LPSD needs student workers for the summer. Tap here to see the postings and apply!
June 2 our very own Zoe Williams will premier the film she made with the Youth Documentary Academy at Colorado College.
June 11th, 10am-2pm: Parenting Workshop: For more information tap here : Into the Wild
Heads up planning for 2022-23 School year:
Important Fall Dates:
Schedules live in Infinite Campus August 5, 2022, 4:00pm
Schedule Change Day (high priority only) August 8, 2022 11th & 12th 8:00-11:00, 9th & 10th 12:00 - 3:00
Teachers Report August 9-15, 2022
Back To School Check In August 11, 2022 10th 8:00-10:00 / 11th 10:00-12:00 / 12th 1:00-3:00
Freshmen Orientation & BTS Check In August 15, 2022 8:00 - 1:00 (lunch will be provided)
New Student Orientation August 15, 2022 10:00 - 12:30
Classes Begin K-12 August 16, 2022 Ranger Day Schedule
We are excited to be able to add a post-secondary/ICAP(Individual Career and Academic Plan) counselor next year to our counseling team! Our current Junior counselor, Robyn Hudson, will be taking on this new role, and we hired a new senior counselor, Valerie Clementi. With this new position, we will be offering increased post secondary/ICAP planning support during 9th/10th grade study hall. Juniors and Seniors will have monthly required lessons during their Post-Secondary/ICAP planning period.
Next year LPHS is excited to introduce our 1:1 Chromebook initiative. Every student will be provided with a Chromebook. There are several benefits to this, including saving paper, teaching students online education skills, and access to academic content beyond the classroom. If your student has their own computer, they will still be issued a device to guarantee their ability to connect to our network and have the tech support they need to work with our programs and systems. More information regarding technology forms, policies and expectations will be shared closer to the start of the year.
Dress Code Reflection and next steps:
The vast majority of students did a great job choosing appropriate school attire. However, moving forward, our student handbook will be more clear in our communication in the following areas:
Appropriateness of Attire:
Clothing should cover all undergarments (boxer shorts, bras, panties, etc.).
Clothing must be opaque or if sheer clothing is worn, an undershirt must be worn under it.
Extremely short tops, shorts, or skirts are not allowed, including Bralettes.
We will continue to commit to respectfully speaking with students when we need to address an issue as an administrative team, use it as an opportunity to hear the students' perspectives, and to help students understand our expectations.
- May Block Schedule
- Spring Summative Learning Schedule
- Social Worker Newsletter May 2022
- REVITALIZED TUTORING CENTER (RTC)
- Help Keep the Ranger Zone Open - please sign up HERE to be a Ranger Zone Volunteer
- I Matter
- Lewis-Palmer School District Online High School Program Information
- Semester 1 Summative Learning Schedule
- Important Dates
How To Order Student Pictures
Tip: make sure to select "parent/guardian" when prompted, not grandparent or other
- Go to http://www.MyLifetouch.
- Select the tab labeled Student ID (upper right hand corner)
- Complete the requested fields to find your child’s school
- Select your child’s school
- Complete the requested fields to find your child’s image
- Once your child's image appears select the tab labeled packages
- Place your order
- Orders are shipped directly to your home.
Sunday Message Links
- Nine-time John Irwin School of Excellence Award Recipient
- 21 AP course options
- 70% percent of the students who took an AP exam scored 3 or higher
- Project Lead the Way National Certification, offering Engineering and Biomedical courses
- 94% Graduation Rate
- 2015 Colorado State Teacher of the Year Kathy Thirkell
Main Office: 7:00 to 3:30
Attendance Office: 7:15 to 3:15
Class Time: 7:40 to 2:52
Unless otherwise stated, all hours are Monday through Friday.