Home of the Coyotes
Why We Teach
At Ray E. Kilmer Elementary, we are dedicated to educating all students, honoring their individual growth, monitoring their achievements, and celebrating their successes. We set the foundation for lifelong learning, character development and the desire to achieve. We value the relationships with our school community and embrace a partnership of learning. It is our goal to create a trusting and safe environment where parents are proud to send their children and students are excited to attend.
- Drew Francis, Principal
Find It Fast
Summer Adventure: Pike's Peak Library District's Summer Reading Program
To Register and Play:
Starting June 1, kids, ages 0-18, can sign up online at https://ppld.org/summer-adventure or come into a local PPLD library, or use the Beanstack app available on Google Play or the App Store. Game cards will be available in libraries or participants may choose to play online or use the app. The gamecard is attached if you would like to distribute it to students, but they will have to wait until June 1 to register and begin.
Participants will collect points by:
- Reading: Read or listen to a book in any form. (Reading to someone else or having them read to you counts!)
- Moving: Dance, walk, jump, run, hop, or do any type of exercise
- Imagining: Play, write, craft, build, make, draw, or do something creative—your imagination is the limit!
Participants will get 1 point each day an activity is completed:
- For ages 0-3: 5-10 minutes per day
- For ages 4-7: 10-20 minutes per day
- For ages 8-12: 20-30 minutes per day
Prizes up to age 12:
- The registration prize is a color changing cup with lid and straw for kids, 4-12 or one animal finger puppet (for children 0-3)
- The goal is to earn 45 points, then the participant can pick out a free book to keep PLUS gets one entry into the Grand Prize Drawing.
- Grand Prize Drawing: $65 gift card to KiwiCo crates. These are awesome activity crates with fun things to do and make geared towards your age level. KiwiCo will mail them to your home. (Covers a 3-month subscription for most crate lines).
- Bonus round = You can keep completing activities to earn up to three additional entries into the Grand Prize Drawing. You earn one extra entry for every 10 additional days of activities completed.
Here is a link to our short Summer Adventure promotional video: https://vimeo.com/542341114
Enrollment Information for the 2021-2022 school yearChoice Enrollment - now until Feb 5. The choice enrollment information is on the district website. Select "Enroll" (the apple located on the right side of the main web page), then select Choice Enrollment. Notifications will be made after the principals have made their decisions.Preschool Enrollment - will be different this year. Starting Jan 25 with an online Intent to Enroll. You can see details on the preschool page.Starting Preschool this August? The Lewis-Palmer Preschool cultivates a love for learning. Details about preschool for the 2021- 2022 school year can be found at lewispalmer.org/preschool.New Student Enrollment - Starting Feb 8 for:
*On the website, select "Enroll" (same apple located on the right side of the main web page), then select Student Enrollment.For the District website, click here.
- All new students, preschool through 12th grade.
- All incoming kindergartners, whether or not they attended preschool in our district.
- Any former students who withdrew this year to home school and want to return in the fall.
Back to School (2021-2022)
BTS Documents to be returned to Kilmer
Items to be completed in Infinite Campus (IC) by parents/guardians
* Annual Update
1. Contact Information (address, email, phone)
2. Technology permissions
3. Health forms/updates
4. Student Handbook Signature
Access the following under the "More" tab in Infinite Campus
1. Food Services
3. Sign up for Text Alerts
4. Pay Fees
Main Office: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Class Time: 8:55 am - 4:00 pm
Unless otherwise stated, all hours are Monday through Friday.